Chambers is recommended as a leading professional discipline and regulatory law set of chambers in recent editions of The Legal 500. We are noted for "'an excellent reputation' and providing a 'very accommodating and efficient' service to defendants and accusers across a broad array of professional services including the law, healthcare, police and sports." (The Legal 500 2014).
Members of Chambers have considerable expertise in this area of law and have acted in related tribunals both prosecuting and defending. They can provide advice and representation in respect of the full range of proceedings. They have extensive experience as advocates before many statutory/ non-statutory bodies. Memeber of Chambers also sit as legal advocatesto disciplinery bodies operating in these fields. These include appearances at hearings before:
• the Medical Practitioners Tribunal Services (MPTS), the Nursing & Midwifery Council’s Conduct and Competence Committee and other healthcare-related tribunals;
• First Tier tribunals such as the Health, Education and Social Chamber;
• the Bar Tribunal and Adjudication Services (TBTAS), the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal and other legal services&ssquo; disciplinary tribunals;
• the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors Disciplinary Panel and tribunals of the National Federation of Property Professionals;
• Police disciplinary tribunals;
• the Upper Tribunal (Financial Services) (formerly known as the Financial Services and Markets Tribunal); and
• sports-related tribunals including disciplinary panels of the British Horseracing Authority, the Football Association and other sports.
In addition, various members also sit part-time as legal assessors, committee members / chairs of disciplinary or investigating committees of a number of different regulators and governing bodies, and as independent members or commissioners on other bodies such as the Football Regulatory Authority.
Members of Chambers' Regulatory Group regularly provide training and produce practice area briefings. If you would like to be added to the Regulatory Group's database or have an enquiry regarding the Group or our work in this area, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 092 2900.
Group Members: Simon Readhead QC, Lord Faulks QC, John Ross QC, Edward Bishop QC, Andrew Warnock QC, Justin Althaus, Angus Piper, Geoffrey Weddell, Dr David Thomson, Ivor Collett, Paul Stagg, Sophie Mortimer, Simon Murray, Laura Johnson, Andrew Spencer, Jack Harding, Ian Clarke, Lisa Dobie, Roderick Abbott, Thomas Crockett, Tom Collins, Richard JG Beaty Nicola Atkins, Katie Ayres, Ella Davis, Max Wilson