Year Of Call: 1971
John Ross specialises in professional negligence and insurance related claims, contract and commercial, public and regulatory law and personal injury claims. He also has considerable experience in commercial arbitration, Technology Court and construction adjudication hearings. He appears and advises in jurisdictions overseas. He has long been acknowledged as a leading practitioner at the professional negligence bar by the major legal directories; he is also listed in the current editions of both Chambers & Partners and The Legal 500 as a leading silk in the fields of personal injury, professional discipline and regulatory law, consumer and travel law.
Comments from the Chambers and Partners Bar Guide 2017 and Legal 500 2016 include:
“He has an excellent manner with clients and provides insightful commentary and advice.”
“He has a brain the size of a planet.”
“He’s sociable, pleasant and impresses clients. You know when barristers are truly heard by the court, and he is.”
“A brilliant advocate – he’s exceptional at pulling out the real issues in what are often very complex pieces of litigation.”
“He’s an incredible strategist, who is calm under pressure and has the gravitas you’d expect from an experienced silk.”
“He’s in and out of court so much that he makes dealing with judges look so easy.”
John has been Head of Chambers since 2007.
KXL & Others -v- Murphy & Anor  EWHC 3102 (QB)
The High Court, on 2 December 2016, handed down an important judgment...
Legg & Ors v. Aviva  EWCA Civ 97
On 23 February 2016 the Court of Appeal handed down a judgment in the case...
Latest Publications Read more
- 'Barrister’s Liability after Moy v. Pettman Smith' Talk delivered to PNBA (22-Oct-05)
- 'Recent Developments in Barrister’s Negligence' Talk delivered to PNBA (14-May-03)
- Chair of the Professional Negligence Bar Association (2012-13); Vice Chair (2010-11)
- Association of Regulatory & Disciplinary Lawyers
- London Common Law and Commercial Bar Association (past Committee member)
- Personal Injuries Bar Association